Why link preview is important for your Shopify store?
Do you know your product is not looking attractive when it's shared on social platforms?
A backpack example from a store in Shopify successful stories:
How we can help
Social Sharing Optimizer allows you to set a custom share image for each product. You can set how a product looks on Facebook or Twitter when a user shares it There will be no wild guess. You can utilize the feature when you want to create a social marketing campaign. It can be useful when you want to incentivize your users to share your products. When your link preview looks better, you can get more traffics from social media. Also, this link preview will be shown on Facebook Messenger. When your customers share your products with their friends, it can greatly affect your branding.
* Note: this feature is only available when your theme (liquid file) is installed with our code snippet. Our code snippet will rewrite the social meta tags of your theme. You can DIY following our instruction here or you can ask our expert to do it for you.
Optimizing Facebook Share
This is what you see when you first enter the Facebook Share Tab:
You can enter a customized post title and description embedded with your focus keyword. After that, you can select a custom image from your existing product images. Alternatively, you can also add an image from a URL or upload it from your computer.
This is what it looks after you have finished setting the title, description, and custom image. Our Facebook previewer has simulated how it looks on Facebook and the official sharing best practice guideline. You can click on the preview image to preview on Facebook share widget as well. Alternative, you can test on Facebook Debugger.
1. Our Facebook Previewer cannot ensure 100% the same as the outcome of Facebook Debugger. This is because Facebook will keep updating its Share algorithm from time to time. But we will try to keep track of the changes as soon as possible.
2. If your store is not launched yet, it is protected by the password mode. A web surfer cannot visit your store, neither can Facebook Debugger. So you cannot test it on Facebook Debugger. Please disable password mode temporarily for testing. Otherwise, even you have made changes in SPO, it cannot be reflected.
3. If you frequently change the link preview of a page, Facebook will fail to invalidate the cache even you scrape in Facebook debugger. So the link preview cannot be updated.
Optimizing Twitter Cards
You can also optimize your product when a user shares it on Twitter. Here is how it looks when you pressed the Twitter Share Tab:
You can do the same as the Facebook Share Tab.
1. Our Twitter Previewer cannot ensure 100% the same as the outcome of Card Validator. This is because Twitter will keep updating its Share algorithm from time to time. But we will try to keep track of the changes as soon as possible.
2. If your store is not launched yet, it is protected by the password mode. A web surfer cannot visit your store, neither can Card Validator. So you cannot test it in Card Validator. Please disable password mode temporarily for testing. Otherwise, even you have made changes in SPO, it cannot be reflected.